Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Time to Bake GF...

Hmmm. I guess the title of this post could be interpreted at "Time to Bake, Girl Friend..." hehe

Well I wish that was the case, that I had a girlfriend around to bake pies with... I'm going to be making some Gluten Free Pumpkin pies (1 or 2)  my sis. in law is doing some GF baking today as well... I've also got to make some GF rolls and bread all for Thanksgiving tomorrow...

I'm just deciding if I want to use the basically void of fiber white "gluten free" flour to try and make rolls with (because it is a softer flour) or if I want to go with my basic "whole grain" GF flour which tastes basically like whole wheat bread (but hasn't a lick of wheat in it).

I use slices of bread to make GF stuffing which is really delicious!!

So that's the plan today, GF pumpkin pie and GF Bread wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

Adullamite said...

Thanks for making me hungry....!

Anonymous said...

good luck on the GF baking today. THe stuffing one can play with and I also have used the GF bread to make the stuffing, I find different GF flours make a different taste on the food. I have found the sorghum flour works really well in most things I bake or cook. We had our Thanks Giving last month here in Canada. Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I have signed up for emails etc, with Jules gluten free, I truly love her stuff.http://www.julesglutenfree.com/

Julene said...

Sounds like a challenge! Hope it turned out great for you!