Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This Morning

Evaluation time. I'm trying to take a step back to look at things from a more distant perspective. I really need the space, I don't want to feel like I am in a relationship because I've been compelled to be in it. That is not fair to me, to my children, or to the other person.

The trouble as I see it is that I went from one relationship to another without an intermediate break. I had a generally good regard for the other person and was flattered that he was talking to me, I felt initial relief that he was a decent guy, that he was someone whom I could talk to. My world seemed changed, I felt like I was in love, the sky seemed brighter, there was a grand euphoria. So when he seemed to be struggling to find words to tell me that he loved me, I told him I loved him first. Things have been complicated ever since. Why? Because I felt that I had trapped myself into something which was unsustainable.

I need to let go of my ego, let go of the feeling that someone outside of myself can fix this situation, make me feel better...

SG

No comments: