Monday, December 1, 2008

Need a creative outlet...

Man life has been tough lately. Ever wonder when something bad is gonna end and things are going to get better? Sometimes I feel like I am spending my life doing pointless things. I feel really grateful that I have four beautiful kids to teach and help through life, but marriage is hard especially when I have to work so hard at it and cross my fingers that things will work out alright.

Here is a story about some pointless, but fun things I did as a little girl.

One year when my brother was a baby so I guess that was 20 years ago, it snowed, a lot. I remember thinking that we were living inside a blizzard and that digging out was going to be hard. Walking around was difficult, but I was a kid so my brother and I found way's to make things fun. We shoveled our driveway everyday, almost every hour and piled it high in our yard. No we weren't overly helpful or dilligent kids, we had a purpose in all of that work. We were out to make snow tunnels. We piled it high, over six feet, then we started to dig. We had an excellent slide down one side and a duggout fort type of area and a tunnel which was more like a snow arch. Man I wish I had time to spend on pointless things that are fun anyway. I really am having a tough time, but I can't really write about it, I just hope it gets better.

~Strawberry Girl

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch. I think it is wonderful that you can still think about fun things, like memories of building stuff in the snow, when you are feeling low. I think that helps.

I know you are a strong woman and that you know how much Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of you. Please read Elder Wirthlin's talk in the 2008 conference. (He passed away today) I hope that helps a little.

If I was there I'd come over and give you a great big hug!
Here's a virtual one:
((((HUG!))))

Clone.Girl. said...

Sometimes idleness is good and needed. I think that is why young children are always happy and adults always say they don't have time.
"While the heart beats, why worry? When the heart stops, why worry?" -I don't know who said this

I hope things work out for you! =)