Sunday, January 30, 2011

Confessional Time

Yes I admit it, I must stare it in the face and admit it, I get jealous far too easily. I don't know what it is, insecurity perhaps? That's got to be it. Usually I don't feel threatened if it's a topic that I am well versed on or something that I am good at, then I am more likely to be conversant with a person about it, but otherwise I am jealous and it is not a good thing. It gets me deep into an unhealthy type of pride and self defensiveness and geez how can I learn if I do that?

In fact I get paralyzed by jealousy, I see that someone did something better than I have or can do something I can't and I go into a ridiculous self sabotaging rant in my mind about how I could have/should have/would have done whatever it is better.  

Anyhow, now you all know, I'm a jealous puppy... sorry about that, I'll work on it.

3 comments:

Stella Jones said...

You're not unique there Annie. I think we all have these feelings. Sometimes they are all consuming and other times not. Perhaps we all need a compliment now and then to make us feel good about ourselves, then we wouldn't feel so bad.

Strawberry Girl said...

Thanks Star, my path to healing begins with confession... hehe ;)

Layla said...

I'm right there with you.