Sunday, April 24, 2011

Re-Framing

I have had a good life, and have found ways to enjoy each stage. Even through times of grief.

As a little girl I remember the feel of climbing out of the crib, the feel of the carpet on my feet and the chill of the cold kitchen floor. I loved to climb, I loved my parents and exploring the basement, though I was a little frightened of it. I knew my grandmother was down there, it was always so interesting. When we moved away and Aunt Eva and her family moved to the house I loved the basement still. The messiness of it was freeing, we could do whatever we wanted, made up our own tales of what different things were, in fact hoping from one thing to another was like hoping on logs in a great river. We often imagined that we were princesses, my cousins and I, and I remember our club house under the stairs. Of course I wanted my own club house at my place and made one up there as well. I remember one fun club house we had in the shell of a camp trailer, the unfortunate thing was that little Lisa got her finger cut off in the window when it fell upon it... :( poor thing. We played the most outrageous games, Uncle Arley brought home a bicycle gunny one time, I don't know, what do you call those little wheeled conveyances that people pull like taxis through the streets of China and in poorer rural areas? Well this one was hooked up to a bike and we loved to pull each other around in it!

That's all I wrote... (reviewed 8/20/2018)

SG

No comments: