Monday, September 2, 2013

Ouch!!

So a couple of things happened simultaneously a few minutes ago. Roxie coughed, tipped the bucket she was standing on over then dropped the glass of milk she was holding.

So after bringing her to the living room I bent down to pick up the glass (which had hit the kittie food on it's way down, oh yeah the ringer beeped on the stove for the bread as well), interspersed between the kittie food...

I picked up the big pieces of glass and was trying to rescue some of the kittie food, when Roxie came in to stomp on it and I shooed her out again. I got the big pieces and I have this bad habit of scooping stuff up in my hand (like kittie food) so I did that and cut the side of my hand with the glass!!

So I was bleeding and for some reason I thought of the time that I went swimming with my older brother Jonothan and how we almost drowned right underneath the nose of the life guard!! I feel like writing about it...

I am having fun, hanging on to the sides of the pool, dashing back and forth, splashing to make you laugh.

I remember playing with you, the way you lift your eyebrows to show amusement, the depths of your soul in your eyes.

We keep to the edge, you feel safer there, and we walk slowly around. You feel safe with me, I feel so proud to have you by me, my brother.

Were almost to the deep end, don't fear, its safe to walk in this part, let go of the wall. I jump up and down, showing you that it is safe, you trust me so you let go and come to me.

But you veer to far to the left and suddenly you lose your footing, your drowning!!

I rush to you, foolish, you grab me and push me down. NO Stop!! Gasp!! Stop!! The swiriling blackness surrounds me, your desperate for air as well.

I have to think clearly, is there someone to help? I scream at the lifeguard, help! help! But he continues to look on, past us, no help there, then I must do it myself.

I am down, down under the water losing air, I look up from the abis, praying in desparation.

From somewhere, deep down I focus there is something that I can do, this is not the time to die. If only I could reach the side, if only you would stop tearing at me in desparation.

Calm down, Jonothan, calm down. Finally I reach out, grasping for the slippery edge of the pool where it drains over the ledge. I grab ahold, firmly looping my arm over the edge and turn to grasp your hand.

Come, it's ok, come, that's right, calm down. There's the ladder, lets get out, that's right, it's ok. Here, come, here, it's ok. Walk slowly, it's slippery, go get your towel, it's time to go. I watch as you walk away, relieved.

SG

No comments: