Monday, September 2, 2013

Perspective

My 7 year old boy Sione was coloring last night on the floor with Roxie (2 years old). He had laboriously been working on a cute little tree when suddenly Roxie came by and decided to "help" him by coloring a long purple line coming out of the tree.

He immediately started crying about it, "Roxie ruined my picture!" So I had to think fast... "No she didn't, she just added a rope swing," is what I replied.

Sione started laughing as he caught onto the idea "Yay!! Thanks Roxie!!" He shouted gleefully then went back to his picture.

It all depends on how you look at it.

3 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Hello lovely girl!!
Quick thinking on your part :)
Sounds like one of my kids whining
I started charging them for whines.
Hey...no one ever said that childhood wouldn't involve adult therapy now did it???
This post made me smile dear girl. Your posts are always so uplifting. Sorry that I'm always behind on my commenting but I do read my darlin :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Strawberry Girl said...

Thank you so much Reggie Girl, your such a terrific lady!!

Gordon said...

You are a good mother, Strawberry Girl! Your son and daughter don't sound too bad, either. You are blessed. Walk With Faith
Gordon