Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Starting my 5 Minute Journal

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

~Norman Vincent Peale

Today I decided to follow the format for journaling suggested by the authors of "The Five Minute Journal." I don't have $23 dollars to spend on another journal so I will use my blog instead.

I am grateful for…

Today I am grateful that I was able to make it through the workday and catch up on most of my work even though I only got a few hours of good sleep last night.

I am grateful that I have a moment of peace to write because the kids aren't home (they are at my parents house at the moment, sorry Mom).

I am grateful for the sense of optimism that I am feeling at the moment. 

What would make today great?

It would be great to have a nap. 

Then it would be terrific if I could work on my skills for work (which could possibly lead to a raise).

Today would be great if I could have a talk with my kids about what has motivated me throughout the years to do what I have done. If we could have a real discussion about their lives. If they felt that I am a resource and not judging them.

Daily affirmations; I am…

The person I hoped I would be when I was young.

3 Amazing things that happened today…

1. Smiles were given to me.
2. I was able to focus on what's left of the fields of Utah Valley and the mountains instead of the billboards on my drive home.
3. I found this journal device. :)


How could I have made today better?

By taking digestive enzymes before eating a heavy meal... and sleep spray earlier in order to get some sleep!

No comments: