Monday, August 22, 2016

To the person who I call a friend...

To the undeniable, undefinable person who is my friend.

I know that I abandoned you, tried to maintain some tentative connection only to cut that off because it's too hard for me to try and explain why I wanted to keep in touch.

I'm trying to gather up the pieces of my integrity that I've broken off by making compromises.

How can I on the one hand say that I feel no guilt about staying in touch with you and yet on the other hand say that I have nothing to feel guilty about, when I am asked.

I'm trying to prove that I am not the one hiding things in my relationship. That I've been open and honest (and I have been) telling all... but not sure of what that means.

Every single day I feel the support that you gave me, it's hard not to compare your friendship with others.

I think that I will still recall all that you've done for me when I am old and grey. Or if I am alone again despite trying as hard as I can... because relationships are hard and things don't always work out.

Don't think I will ever forget you... my undeniable, undefinable friend.

SG

No comments: