Saturday, March 18, 2017

Workin A Way to Save the Day

I always seem to have a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things on Monday mornings. I get to work and sometimes I just open up my budget to see if there is any way for me to be free of the obligation to work, looks like I'm stuck for now, so I might as well make the best of it.

It was hard to earn money when I was a kid.

I would ask my parents for chores to earn some and they would hem and haw, parents didn't really like to pay out. 

So I took some initiative, messes under the stairs? $5 bucks! Kitchen floor needs mopping? $2 dollars!

Eventually the money train would run out and I would be left without an income. 

So I turned to babysitting, how hard could it be?

There was a book series I loved as a kid called "The Babysitters Club." It was a primer for aspiring young babysitters and I thought their techniques would work for me. So I put together my babysitting kit, threaded a line from the phone jack in my parents room to my room, put the word out to the Ward (that is our church members) that I was open for business and waited patiently by my phone for someone to call. Well, not by my phone exactly, that would be silly.

I eventually did get a babysitting job and I was so excited! I certainly had a lot of adventures babysitting but that was quite hard work for a few bucks.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well out there, keep on working.

SG


No comments: