Thursday, May 4, 2017

Self Affirmations

Make a list of 5 qualities/attributes that you believe that you have, that you really believe are valuable, in the domain that you have experienced the emotional pain.

Romantic -  I'm really supportive, I'm open to all kinds of fun, I'm a great cook, I am honest with people,

Employment - I have a great work ethic, A low learning curve, I'm reliable, I'm responsible, I'm motivated

Make as long a list as you can possibly generate, then write a brief essay on 1 or 2 items on your list in which you talk about why it's important, why you value it, why other people value it, how you've expressed it in the past, how you might express it in the future.

If you are having a low self-esteem day write out as if you had a dear, dear friend who is saying to you "I feel self-critical, I feel bad about myself, I'm blaming myself for this, I think I have all these faults." What would you write to them if you were trying to cheer them up, trying to encourage, trying to nurture? What would you say if you were trying to soothe them and remind them of all the great things that they are? Write that out and that is what you need to say to yourself in those moments.

Adopting self-compassion

How you think is influenced by how you feel and vice versa

http://uncoveries.com/an-exercise-to-keep-motivated/

No comments: