Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shalom means peace, can I have some?

Today has been crazy busy, but nice...

My cousineth Julene came over and watched Roxie for me so that I could run around and get errands done, thank you, thank you Julene! It was nice to talk to you and catch up a bit.

Angie is a narrator in an elementary school adaptation of the classic "A Christmas Carol" so I had to bring her up there at 5, then I came home to cook dinner but then ended up being late for the play (and thus missing it, OI) Lucky for me I have a second chance as they have another performance tomorrow.

I found out that I had somehow missed the fun "Night out with Santa" that we were invited to... why? Because I was up in AF applying for a job... we'll see if I get it... it made me sad that we missed the Santa thing though because the kids would have enjoyed getting a nice gift...

After picking up Angie from the play the kids and I went over to Blockbuster and rented a few movies... which we put to good use as soon as we got here. :)

I've been filling out job applications all night, yippee.... it is so much fun, you all should try that as a relaxing hobby, or maybe I need to treat it like it's a relaxing hobby... maybe it'll send out good happy vibes... hehe

Let's all link arms and sing now, Koombia me lord Koombia... (I've probably misspelled that btw... the suggestions from the speller though are "Kumquat," "Columbia," or "Kookaburra" so I think I'll stick with my version) Well I will wish you all peace then Shalom...

6 comments:

Opaque said...

Hehehe, I am holding hands and singing "Koombia me lord koombia".

Juggling so many things in one day, eh? I would not be able to do even half of what you do. It's great to read what you accomplish in a day.

Yes, sometimes, that is the right attitude. Take it as a hobby before you get fed up of it. I'm very sure you'll be employed soon. After all, a company needs such an honest hardworking person like you. Good luck!

Make sure you visit Angie's performance tomorrow. I'm sure she did great today and will do the same tomorrow.

Enjoy them "blockbuster" movies!

Corrie Howe said...

Sounds busy at your house. I'm sending you best wishes on getting a job which suits your needs.

Julene said...

It was nice to catch up with you too! Gabe and I will keep you in our prayers. :)

(oddly enough, the word verification for this post was reste) lol.

Kelsey Kat said...

Kamquat that is rather hilarious. Though its one of my favorite words...i'm not sure why either.

It looks like you've been busy, in fact I know you've been busy! D:

Adullamite said...

Nice to see you having fun......

Anonymous said...

I love how you juggle LOL best wishes dear one for you and your family. I am still wishing you luck on the job hunt.

I am holding hands and singing to. I love this song, my older sister Brenda went away to a camp for the CGIT called Canadian girls in training, we wore kilts, white v-neck shirts like the sailor boys wore it was a great group and still is. When she came back she was the first one to introduce the song, Kumbaya. I still love it today.
The song was originally associated with human and spiritual unity, closeness and compassion, and it still is, When I was back home in 2007 with my sibs, the girls had our own place and we called it the chick wagon LOL parked in parents back yard, we had shower, big screen tv, etc, was fun. One night we sat there with a few drinks and we sang Kumbaya.. Thanks for inviting me to sing along. HUGS