Saturday, October 16, 2010

A glimpse of life October 16th 2010

I feel sick, a perfect excuse to lay around and give myself a break for the day. I wanted to exercise this week, Monday was good, went to the gym in the morning and came back all sore... I said it was good right, just checking...

The rest of the week was spent trying to fulfill all of the many things that I am supposed to be fulfilling during a day. I guess it all has to do with routines, it's hard to establish a routine though when so much is thrown your way. But then it may be better to just set it up and stick to it, I have a tendency to do just one more load of laundry, a few more dishes, pick up a few more toys... sweep a little... until it is very late and the kids are onrey. Perhaps it would be better to leave it all and get to bed seeing as nobody comes to visit anyway. Perhaps it's all in the hope that they will come by, this mysterious guest... or the ideal that if I can keep my house perfectly clean then I will have order and serenity in my life. Nice hope

I feel really good about how hard I've worked at work, it can become a bit ridiculous though when there are so many expectations put upon my shoulders. Ironically I was told that 3rd party billing was the most important thing and that if the clerks wanted me for something I was to tell them that I was on a schedule and then when I went in for my performance evaluation I was told that I was rated low on communication because I wasn't helping the clerks... I roll my eyes constantly at these constant conflicting bits of idealism.

I think I will be better at the "communication" thing next month though, if I don't get hit with another ridiculous project. I wasn't ever really bad at communication, when the first person that I trained learned her process so well that she's been able to train everyone else, though I'm not sure she picked out all of the flaws in the process that I taught her to look for. At this point the process has gone from something I knew very well to something that I'm not quite as sure of because so many little changes have been made. That's how it has been in the department, little changes...

One thing that I'm not so happy about is the negativity that's creeped into the department, the girl that I was just talking about, though interesting and witty at times is a very negative person. She nit picks a lot and points fingers and is incredibly good at talking behind other peoples backs... I don't like the negative energy but it's hard to get rid of once it's there.

SG

No comments: