Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I'm not your feeder"

I thought that a rather odd statement from my mom when my daughter asked her for a bite of her food. At first I thought of a bird-feeder, then realizing that this was a rather common statement from mom to her Grand-kids lately I jumped in and told Roxie that we'd go home and get some food.

Now I understand the motivation behind what she said; my brother moved back into their house about a year ago which has been a continual stress on them from the start. He has visitation with his daughters on the weekends and since he can't be bothered most of the time (because he's texting random people from internet land) his daughters are usually hungry and usually ask my parents to get them food.

Well, it's a sad state that Grandma's house has become, in some ways, a place to learn bad manners and selfishness... seriously I slap myself if I let myself get that selfish (I have gotten that selfish before and I hated myself for it).

and then because I'm eternally looking at both sides of the issue I think that my mom's probably tired, she's had a long day and doesn't want to have to get up after finally sitting down to eat...

But then, what about most other woman/Grandmothers that I know...? There are not many, but the very hardened, that would shoot off a statement like that and not think twice.

and what about "Sweetheart, could you ask your mommy? She's right there..."

"I'm not your feeder..." seriously!

No comments: