Monday, January 28, 2013

Ethical Considerations, Making a Choice

What if our ability to make a choice is dependent upon a set of factors that are unknown to us at the time of choice?

During my lifetime I have made many poor choices, some of them life changing. Quite frequently I knew in the moment of giving in to the poor choice that it was the wrong choice and that I would have to suffer the consequences, yet I went through with the poor choice, something within me didn't speak up, stop it.

While going through this experience of extremes (for lack of a better way of putting the past few years) I have gone though some really crazy things.

It is to be expected, but I wouldn't have had to suffer like I have if I would have gone with the choice my gut was telling me to take.

But then I wouldn't be the same either.

SG

No comments: