Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some memories from younger days

My family; I've written a lot about how my family has affected me while growing up. I've always felt that there was something lacking, we weren't doing the things good families did, we didn't hold Family Home Evening, we didn't pray together... I didn't feel supported...

I've focused too much on the negatives.

I remember dancing in the kitchen in my socks, we had a "sock hop," put on music and rocked out. We always went to visit Grandma on Christmas, then Uncle Mo's, Uncle Mo's house was weird. He is a hunter so he has deer heads, an antelope, an elk... heck I don't know but it was weird there.

My Dad always helped me with math, it was frustrating for me though since he never taught me the way my teacher taught me so it was confusing. He's gotten to be a good teacher now days though, came and helped my oldest with his geometry the other night.

Dad always tells stories when we go on trips together. He always seems to have some random fact to tell us. 

There are more, life has been better than what I've given my parents credit for...

SG

No comments: