Sunday, January 20, 2013

Setting my Goals

Goals

I listened in on a discussion about goal setting, it was a work sponsored seminar. A big goal setting hot shot was talking, giving everyone acronyms to follow, I followed a link someone posted in the forum... "Consider Not Setting Goals in 2013"

Something about goals has always been so tantalizing for me. Set up these goals, something to reach for, become... you will find the fountain of happiness and all of your wildest wishes will come true. They have never worked out quite the way that I thought they would. I used to become obsessed with planning everything out, setting steps, setting time frames... somehow that's not how I've achieved things when I do achieve them, aside for school that worked out fairly well with time frames and goals. For the most part I've done better by setting paths, setting myself towards something that I want to be/achieve.

My goals are simpler than what they used to be.

My goals are paths that I'm on, commitments to who I want to be.

I want to be healthy, fit, strong.

I want to be a good mother.

I want to be the type of woman who can give and receive in a relationship, without that relationship being unhealthy. Someone who nurtures and receives nurturing, someone who works to keeping my responsibilities and doesn't expect another to take them on for me. Someone who is self confident and secure enough to be whole without someone else.

~SG

No comments: