Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Inner Tugs and Pulls

We all live with an inner voice, this voice is the guide you follow through your life, good or bad.

Our inner animus is made up of; the culture you grew up in, the books you have read, the TV show's you have watched, your parent's attitudes and behaviors, your teachers and friends.

Through it all there is this core, this central being that peers out into the void and wonders at it all. What should I be doing?

Deep, core deep, we all wish to avoid pain and we are seeking happiness. This manifests itself through habits that we develop to get us through our days, comfortable habits. Lulling our inner selves into a sense of little routine comforts. It takes a lot to want to shake these habits up and change, even if we are living in a routine that is actually harmful to us.

Somehow as well it is difficult to really know what we want, what is motivating us and ultimately what will make us happy.

I woke up this morning with a question on my tongue. I had been thinking of my brothers ex-wife, how she re-married and basically adopted her new husbands two children. She had a baby with her new husband and with the two she had with my brother now has 5.

Deeply I felt ashamed at my own reluctance to embrace a similar lifestyle. I wonder at my hesitancy to be married again, especially since I know that making choices in that direction would mean new possibilities. Perhaps that garage I always wanted full of stuff to create with. That fireplace in the living room or kitchen. The chance to mother, to help others to reach for their potential.

These urges are strong, pulling at me one way, while something pulls me another way. There is an urge to protect my inner psyche, my time, my resources. I have a chance to have the time to write, learn and travel, or who knows! The inner self that I denied space to emerge since I was married so young and had so many trials early in my life.

Tug and pull

The inner self knows something is not quite right with my situation and so I feel this tug and pull.

SG





No comments: