Thursday, February 5, 2009

Check out that glow!!

I went over to my friends house yesterday to see if she happened to have a SCOBY (a simbiotic "mushroom" like culture) laying around for making Kombucha Tea. We are culturing our Kombucha from Roobios tea to avoid the caffiene from Green Tea (black, white etc.). Roobios is said to be even higher in antioxidants than green. So we've been culturing our tea, or I should say, she has been culturing the tea because I keep killing my Scoby. Whether it is because the tea is too hot when I add the mushroom, or in this case I had a weak mushroom (from adding it to too hot tea) and I added it to tea I had thoroughly cooled but the sugar hadn't disolved very well and the mushroom got attacked by an outside mold or something, it didn't look to good. She has a bit more time to research these things since she only has one kid and no husband. So that's my excuse ;p But I think this time I am going to do some more research. She had the most radient, gorgeous glow!! I know it's from eatting a few more raw foods than I do (I have been slacking). I think I will go out and buy a bunch of raw foods. But besides for that I want to take the raw foods classes that she took. Though I have to watch it because they use things like flax seed, beet powder and sesame seeds (if you read my previous post you'll know why I have to avoid these, especially sesame seeds ;p). Maybe I will get a raw foods book and work on my non-cooking, cooking skills.

Besides for that, it is tax season, yikes!! Now last years mess from not having financial software all year is coming out to bite. (Besides for running over costs and losing a bunch of money). Hubby finally got me the software I had been asking for all year in November and I put a lot of our info. on it, but I still have a lot to sort through. GROWL!! So I am going to be busy with that, for a bit, luckily he came and got the kids today so that I can get things sorted.

I hope everyone has a good day. :0)

1 comment:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Just seeing your sweet name makes me smile inside. What a beautiful moniker.

This post made me laugh. Tax time? You're right...ARRGGG!!

Steady On