Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I love Strawberry Shortcake!!

For some reason, I still love Strawberry Shortcake, the doll and the food. A few years ago my mom gave me a Strawberry Shortcake shirt for Christmas. When I opened it up and saw what it was the biggest jolt of childish joy went through me. I love the dark red, mauve and royal green colors that all go into the image of Strawberry Shortcake. Strange, but I am glad that there is still something that can evoke that childish joy in my heart. The same thing happened to me when I got a copy of The Boy From New York City for Christmas. I put on my headphones and started the tape from the first low beats of the song I was in heaven. Maybe it was because my dad had bought me a tape of The Manhatten Transfer songs one cold and rainy night when we were out together at the store. I waited for him in the car and he bought it for me as a gift. I sang that song on top of my bed to the largest imaginary audience possible for weeks after that. I wore out the tape and eventually lost it for years. Until I finally asked for it for Christmas.

No comments: