Thursday, January 29, 2009

Naivete...

When I was growing up, I didn't know it but I was terribly Naieve. I loved everyone, I wanted the best for others, I liked people, I liked to do good things. Then I ran into kids in elementary school who were cynical, who had "grown up" too fast. Some one had struck the innocence out of them and they became antagonists at school. Still I was Naieve, I thought that people should be good and do good things. The kids at school didn't like me all that much, that's just the way it was, so they were confusing to me. I remember one "friend," I know she was hurt somehow, I wanted to help her feel better. She wasn't mean to me, but when I went to her house I found that they didn't do things the way my family did and I felt uncomfortable there. I think her mom was a drunk and her dad had left. I didn't know what to think, and I didn't say anything about her family life, but my friend didn't talk to me much after that visit.

Part of my naievete was inexperience with life, part was not fully being aware of what was going on around me (because of the brain fog from gluten).

Being Naieve got me into a lot of trouble, but now that I am older and hopefully wiser a lot of the Naievette has left me. I am not cynical, and I know that people change course in their lives a lot of times, but I am not hopelessly optimistic either (anymore).

I know people, who could change, who are nice people, but they are not really good people. They don't really do good things, pleading, arguing, heartbreak cannot change this. So the only thing you can do is live your life, figure out who you are and live. One day, they may change, but it's not up to you if they don't. Of course, if you love them it's hard, but that's how things are...

I think that it is good to be a bit optimistic about life, but it is also good to see the reality of life as well. . . I am glad I am where I am at, I know who I am, and I am more able to see who other people are. It's a good thing,

~Strawberry Girl

No comments: