Friday, January 23, 2009

The Well Trained Mind

I am crying happy tears, I have found a book that will fill in the gaps of my own education and allow me to help my children as well. "The Well Trained Mind, A Guide to Classical Eduaction at Home" is just what I have been looking for. I think I will devote the next few day's to reading it and get to work!! All of my life I have struggled with the eclectic and choppy nature of the public schooling that I recieved, now I can do something about it. I am worried though about my little boy's reaction, he is already bored with what were doing, I hope this will help. I guess I need to create a better pattern to our day's, it has been hard for me to do because I am interested in so much but don't know where to start. So I usually flitter around all day not getting much done, this has got to stop!! I am working really hard at getting to bed on time, it is hard for me. My two year old has never had much discipline applied in this area so she keeps me up until one in the morning sometimes or wakes up at four and say's "Wanna Play!" Part of the problem is that I keep getting interrupted in my habits by my husband. I want to do things a certain way and I will start doing things like I want to, then he will leave for a meeting, or will come home late for dinner, he will turn on the TV (I want it off all the time) and watch it to fall asleep. It drives me crazy, but I have to find a way to solve this problem!! Well I guess I will get to work reading my book. :0)

No comments: