Thursday, July 21, 2016

Weird Interests

On my way to work I noticed a swarm of birds on the side of one of the buildings in our condo complex. The type of birds that build mud dobber nests, whatever they might be. It was so strange to see them all hanging on to the side of the building like that. I stopped to take a picture but they all flew away before I could.

There are weird little things like that going on all the time. Like the potato bug infestation in the parking lot of Adobe, why are they there? All crawling around, blending into the blacktop. They are in the building on the ground floor as well.

Have you ever built a Rube Goldberg machine? I think they are so much fun to design and build, so time consuming but so satisfying. I used to build things like that, I created a gumball machine out of cardboard and car tracks, a magic box out of a refrigerator box, I created a pulley system between my window and the neighbor and we used to pass things back and forth in a basket. So interesting, you can learn a lot about people by what they share.

I have some books at my desk at work, SQL, Deep Nutrition, Investing for Beginners, an Archie Comic book and the book "Women Who Run With the Wolves." 

What do those books say about me?

I shall leave it to you to sort that out... ;)

No comments: