Thursday, March 26, 2009

Water torture or Two Year old

and the great debate begins... I have a dream, where I walk through my clean home and everything stays where it should. Where when I get the urge to sit down and write, I can do it... but alas, I have a two year old and she is growing every day and saying things that astound me. So unless I pay attention, it will all be gone. Yet... it is one of those things, you have to live, and life hands you challenges all the time. Mine is typing while being poked, or jumped on (my legs or my back) or having my hair pulled or... Plus, taxes, dinner, baths, exercise, cleaning a lot of these things I would happily wave a magic wand to blink them done.

Could you actually see children, (or actually lots of us) methodically going through their day, picking up after themselves, making dinner, then cleaning up after themselves. I guess the little girl from Matilda comes to mind here. Ha, children run rapidly through the house, grabbing stuff out of the closet, skates, or shoes, bats and balls. They deposit such later in the middle of the floor. They make themselves messy peaunut butter sandwiches leaving the PB & J, bread crumbs and the bread open to the air. Plus they leave splashes of milk on the counter and the messy knife sitting on the plate. My son, makes himself a miniature cake every other day, mixing up flours and sugar, and baking it in tuna fish cans that he has cleaned out for the pans. They yell random things at each other, get bloody noses, come crying over owies and want kisses on them. Roxies hair stands on end constantly because it is curly and a bit kinky and it gathers fluff and dust and little bits of leaves when she plays outside. My little boy, Sione, is always walking around fighting imaginary bad guys, whether as Master Sione, a karate kid, Spiderman, or any other superhero that he has recently watched a video of. My daughter Angie is constantly hoping, practicing her clogging or hula... My kids have a master key... which they use to unlock my bedroom door...

My kids have been sick for the past couple of days so I have had a little more clingy and whiny "Mommy, mommy" whines from Roxie and bring me water, bring me a wet towel, buy me cough drops, make me a sandwich whines from Angie...

I'm not even going to start on the joy's of clothing strewn all over the place by messy people (you know who you are...)

As for trying to find a job... I have been treading water on it, Sam's going back to school to become a Personal Trainer. We are on foodstamps and unemployment... I have a lot to be thankful for, but a lot to think about as well...

Writing or...

2 comments:

Clone.Girl. said...

It doesn't really get much better, when we are older we start messing up more things (and most of those things are more expensive). Everyone grows up at some point.

Strawberry Girl said...

Don't tell me that...!! ;p