Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things

In books it's so clear cut isn't it?

Who should be together, who shouldn't

when a divorce is justified, who is selfish, who is the victim, who is not

even television

it is always so obvious, the course of action

but that is not how real life works

things

no matter how clearly others can see

things are not always clear to the people involved

right in the thick of things

and even doing the right thing

can seem wrong

and the wrong thing

right

At some point, you have to use intuition and logic, over pure emotion

and press forward, even if it hurts.

5 comments:

Adullamite said...

Take time to consider in peace.
You have time.
(if not I can give you a spare clock)

Corrie Howe said...

I agree. Emotions are not always the best judge. But I tend to be a gather the facts, research all the possibilities and then pray before I make big decisions.

Praying for whatever is going on in your life.

Anonymous said...

i wish you find peace and happiness soon, my sister wsa bad when she went through hers, I mean her hubby cheated on her and she still wanted him back, took him back, many times and her own daughter caught him with this other woman and here my sis was waiting at home for him to pick her UP. Her emotions were out of whack and she acted on them. Be strong. HUGS

Strawberry Girl said...

Thanks Adullamite... um you must have quite a few clocks hanging around then.

Corrie, thank you so much for the wisdom, and the prayers.

Inky, I tried to stop by your spot to say hi last night but the computer wouldn't let me leave a comment. I really enjoyed your poem for your friend and I wanted to say thank you for all of the support that you've been giving me. You are a good friend :)

EcoGrrl said...

The best word of advice is from a book I read called "In the Meantime" by Iyanla Vanzant (I highly recommend picking this up at this point in your journey) - that is, Be Gentle With Yourself. Understanding that this event in your life will impact you in different ways for years to come, and to therefore not put a timeline on how you are feeling, just let yourself feel it and that way you can move through it and eventually you will look up and see that it is behind you.

Much love my blog sista!

PS - did you see my invite to my private blog?