Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sorry no Shoot-Out I'm Shot again!! :D

Well, I am absolutely shot, plus I can't find the dag gum camera.

But I have been seeing red... poison ivy rashes that is.

My son had a case of it last year, and it's come back again. My dad took pity on him and bought him some calamine lotion (Reminds me of a song from girls camp...).

Of course he might have caught it by going rummaging around in the brush (which he likes to do).

Speaking of rummaging in the brush, have any of you been camping and been told that the toilet is in the brush?

Well... we were hiking once as a family. On the way back my brother and I needed to go... really bad and my dad was dawdling around somewhere. We were pestering my mom about it and she said to go in the nice clover patch over yonder (though not in those words and she deny's ever having a part in this). So we went in the clover over yonder... and had a fun encounter with the poison ivy. Itchy, itchy scratchy, scratchy oooo...

When we got home we had baths and the hot water both aggravated the rash and oddly made it feel better. Then we got some calamine lotion to put on it.

I've had other encounters as well (since I am an annoyingly explorative creature). My brother as well has had his turns with it... in fact there was one incident when he was trying to "prove" that some poison ivy wasn't poison ivy to a kid on our street.

So they were arguing about it and the next thing I know they have taken off. I went to find them and found my brother vigorously rubbing it all over his legs and arms!!
I screamed at him to stop but something seemed to possess him, I got it on my arms as I was trying to stop him. Ooooo, brothers!!

Here is a picture of the result (D' had his picture taken as well... but I don't feel like digging it up).

3 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I haven't had chance to do it this week either. Still, no rules, right? :) I don't think we have poison ivy here.

Bagman and Butler said...

Hey! What a great idea! Let's rub poison ivy all over ourselves! A kind of agricultural Russian roulette.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Ha...........that happened to my cousin once while we were locked out of our Gran's house (for all being far too loud and wild)......
she got herself in a bit of a state to say the least, lol.
That is a precious snapshot :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl