Thursday, July 30, 2009

Now I wait, wait and write

It seems as though every day brings new ideas and the drifting winds of change. Things that bother me one day, do not bother me the next. Or things that have just slightly been a bother suddenly become unbearable and I cannot rest until it is taken care of.

Life has been kind of a manifestation of concerns presenting themselves to me each day. All lined up, waiting for my attention. It takes a lot of time to deal with some things, a lot of concentration, the things that I want to do sometimes lay waiting in the rafters of my imagination until I can shake out my ideals and work on them some more.

So I have my concerns, yet I also have little bits of beauty that takes the edge off, stirs my imagination and makes life worth living.

I will have to wait a few days yet to see if I got the job. The interviewer, Ryan, is new at the process. He told me that he would get back to me by the next day, that was yesterday. I haven't heard from him yet.

I am not particularly distressed about that though because I talked with my mom who has experience with the hiring process at the school. She told me that after they interview all of the candidates, they cannot even offer the job until they put things through the process of submitting names to HR, approval of pay, then the department heads have to review things. So the process takes a lot longer then he probably knew.

As for now, I am taking this time to work on personal goals, as you all know. I am concentrating the most on writing, yes I can write, I enjoy writing as an exercise. Yet I find that I am confronting old ignorance's and old fears so to speak.

Ignorance's in certain aspects of plot development, interpretation of the authors intent in things such as poetry and sometimes in prose, I have difficulties in my spelling and especially punctuation and grammar.

If writing is an art, and it is, then there is need to cultivate it. Good writers work on the development of their weak areas, tedious at times but in the end well worth the effort.

I might as well believe the voice in my head that tells me that this is all a waste of time, that there are too many writers out there already, that I cannot expect to receive any benefit except my own amusement, if I do not take the talent that I have and work with it.

At least the prospect to me seems an enjoyable one, no one is telling me to do this, no one is setting limits here (save my own), there are no deadlines (as of yet).

To others the idea of writing and working on writing might seem ludicrous, because they don't enjoy it, I do enjoy it or else why do it?

Doing what you love is the path to true happiness.

SG

1 comment:

Hibiscus Moon said...

Good Luck with getting the job. Yes, you must percevere (sp?) with your writing. If you love it, do it!