Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday Party

We went to my husbands little nieces 1st Birthday Party over the weekend, baby Sicilia!

I thought it nice to be hanging out with all my Tongan friends the day before my own Birthday!

I forgot my camera, but lucky for me my cousin in law Terina had her's with her (and it happens to be the exact same camera, so that's cool). Here are some photo's from the party! ;D

This was the grand table, with all the pigs! (Only the heads of the family's sat here)


This is Talanoa dancing the traditional Tongan Dance. Each family competes to see which dancer will earn the most money.



Here are my little fellow's!


Senita's Little Boy


Samu and Viliami With Eva's baby


Samu Lahi (Lahi means "Big"... did he seriously think a green suit looked good?)


Terina and her little boy Rye (She's the one who's camera I borrowed)


Rye


Roxie in all her frizzy haired glory!


Senita's adopted girl and baby daughter


This is the Birthday girl Sicilia and her beautiful mommy Pine


Senita, Toa, and Me (The Old School) ;D


Me


Me and Terina


Terina and I ;D


Me and Senita


Mahei (Aunt to baby Sicilia)



Mahei's Little Girl doing her dance




An Aunt Singing (Very Beautifully I might add)


My oldest


Birthday Flowers


Birthday Cake


Baby Sicilia in Tongan Style Mat


Sicilia and Her Daddy


Sicilia and Mahei


Angie and Crew

8 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Have a great birthday when it comes, SG! Don't light all the candles on the cake at once though - health and safety and all that...

Javajune said...

Looks like a wonderful party. happy birthday to all. Can't remember how I got here (blog hoppin) but Hi I'm Junie.

Strawberry Girl said...

Thanks for the comment Mike and June!

(We didn't light any candles at all, I feel cheated... pout) But then again we didn't light any candles for my sister cause' we were at the reunion. We both need to get us a cake, light candles, sing happy birthday to each other and then blow them out. ;D

Maithri said...

How awesome!!

I wish i could have been there,

Do you guys sing together... My Tongan friends have the best voices ;)

Happy B'day to all!

Love, M

Strawberry Girl said...

Oh yeah!! They sung a beautiful hymn before they said the blessing on the food and they had Tongan music pumping!!

Honored you stopped by my blog M!

SG

Hibiscus Moon said...

Great photos and looks like it was a wonderful gathering. Happy Birthday!

Greener Bangalore said...

WOW! you had some great fotos here......and a few close up ones too, so that many of us seeing you closer for the first time...Thanks for sharing:)

Greener Bangalore said...

Oops!! Sorry i forgot to wish your lil neice baby Sicilia!!...Wishing her a bright future and the very best Wishes!