Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reduce Footprints Wednesday's

This weeks challenge at "Reduce Footprints" is to eat local for at least 1 full day!! Wahoo!!

I know exactly where to go to get the bounty of stuff to eat "Real Foods Market"(this would be harder in the winter as they don't have as much local stuff). It will involve eating a lot of veggies and drinking local milk and eating local cheese (with local apples), yummy and a can do!!



I believe I will go check out the local farmers market this Saturday (down town) to see if it's improved this year. It hasn't been the best in the past, the one up in SLC is better, I'll cross my fingers that someone besides the local soap maker and do-dad booths will be there.

Dang I'm hungry, gotta go get me some local cheese!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay ... thanks for joining in!! I'm excited about this challenge. When it was first suggested, I thought ... no problem ... I love farmer's markets. But then I started really thinking about what goes into a meal. Wow ... I never considered things like salt, olive oil, coffee, condiments ... none of which come from anywhere near my home. So this will be interesting ... and a real eye opener. I hoping that it'll prompt me to find new ways to cook and flavor things ... probably in a much healthier fashion.

Good luck on the challenge!

Small Footprints

Mike Smith said...

The farmer along the road from me is very good. In fact, he's outstanding in his field...

Unknown said...

Where is the Real Foods Market. I don't think I have ever seen it. I would love to go check it out.