Thursday, June 25, 2009

Somethings working out...

What a crazy week!!

The trouble I was having yesterday involved a check that Sam was supposed to get for some work he did in November. The company that was giving it to us, made us jump through hoops to get it (sign this, talk to the insurance agency to put us on the policy... expense involved here). Then they mailed it to a different address (I think to my hubbys brother, and I think he cashed it, but I am not going there. Well actually I already did, didn't I...) So now they are saying (I think) that they are going to re-issue a check to us and go after whoever cashed the other one. Geez that's a pain in the arse for not checking what our address is. We were counting on that money and with all of the trouble, it was a real pain to hear that the money was just gone, poof!!

At least I have our annual family reunion to look forward to (and I am going to try to be optimistic here, not think of anything that could go wrong). We are going up tomorrow (at some point in time) and will be there through Sunday, so I don't expect to post anything until Monday. (We shall see though if I can find a few pictures for the shoot out).

In another bit of news, I made a fantastic loaf of Gluten Free bread!! So delicious (and I am being tempted for another bite, right now ;p).

I hope you all have a good weekend!!

SG

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you (hopefully) have gotten things worked out with the money. That must be so frustrating. Have fun at your family reunion.

Hibiscus Moon said...

Have fun at the reunion. Can you post your recipe for the gluten free bread? I made a loaf wih a purchased mix from Whole Foods and it was not so great.

Clone.Girl. said...

Bread, yummy! It just seems like some companies were designed to be the least amount consumer friendly possible.