Monday, June 1, 2009



This comic strip is a perfect representation of me.

I have had it since I was about 15 or so. Every year, I always got complimented on how "nice" I was. The teachers wrote it, the students wrote it, that didn't meant that any of them were my friends!!

I think that people actually think you are crazy if your too nice! You get taken advantage of, people question your motives! Being nice means that you have to swallow all sorts of stuff in order to "keep the peace."

I am tired of "NICE!" What does that mean anyway? That I am nice and kind, don't make a disturbance...

What has "NICE" gotten me?... a whole lot of heart ache, that's what.

It is not that I am not assertive, I am most of the time (though I used to not be). I do stand up for myself, mostly.

The thing that gets me is that I think of other peoples circumstances, I think of what they had to grow up with.

No comments: