Thursday, June 18, 2009

Shy little Tongan Girl

Isn't it lovely how you find people that are like you, by defining who you are. I have found that when I put voice to my thoughts, somehow those thoughts find other similar thoughts out there in the great wide universe.

I've recently found several people through blogging that I really connect with. I love it!!

In other news, my little niece just came from Tonga. Her being in Tonga has been the subject of quite a bit of controversy in the family, none the least for her mother who was somewhat tricked into leaving her baby daughter in Tonga to be raised by her husbands Aunt and Uncle. Oi' controversy!!

So there has been this gapping hole in the family over here, where she should have been, and now she is here but is different than I have imagined her to be, though I don't know exactly what I imagined that she would be like.

She is basically a conglomorate of my sister in laws kids and an awkward Tongan imigrant. Strange in that her kids are very confident about themselves and she, though confident, comes accross as shy because of the language barrier.

I guess it's just strange to think of how my own kids would be exactly the same way had they been raised by their Tongan relatives. Hmmmm...

No comments: