Thursday, June 4, 2009

Howdy All!!

Today, at about 10:26 am I realised... that Sam had the car and that I had an appointment for Angela at 11:00. I had missed the last one and feeling foolish I decided that we must make this appointment or die trying!! So we got on the newly fixed bikes (thanks Sam) and started out.

All was fine, a nice sunny day, lovely... then we came to the hill up to Orem. I asked Angie if they walk their bikes up the hill, nah, they ride them up. So I decided to try. :D:D:D Yep best decision I have ever made in my life. ;p

So about a quarter of the way up my heart, muscles, etc... all gave out and I was left panting while Angela leisurely peddled her way along. (How could she the wretch?) I got off the bike and walked!! Drank some water, and kept going.

We did make it to the appointment, and in a reasonable amount of time. SO it was worth it!! But I have decided that I need to exercise more (get off the extra pounds that I have been avoiding losing). ;p

Goal 18 pounds (though I would look alright if I lost 8).

Hmmm, to post or not to post a before picture, that is the question? I have one, it's not too bad, but still...

Alrighty, I will go with this one (notice how tall my daughter is!! 5'3" at 11 yrs. of age. I am only 5'3" (and 3/4...;p)!! Even my little sister towers over me at 5'6" or something like that, I have lost track with her ;p)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

You look beautiful! I do understand about feeling better after though. And your daughter! Watch out world....and good luck with that, giggle.....xxx

Strawberry Girl said...

Thanks Chelle'!! I am so scared for my preety little girl...

Finding Pam said...

Annie, I am so impressed that you and your daughter rode your bikes to the school. That is just awesome. You both are so pretty.

Keep that chin up, you don't give yourself enough credit for all you do.

While you may be worried about your daughter, I am sure you have raised a wonderful daughter. I don't think she will let you down

Bagman and Butler said...

Great post...Karen and I ride bikes alot...well, sometimes...but the South Carolina coast where we live is very flat so it isn't too hard on us.

EcoGrrl said...

way to go girl! i know the first few times make you feel like coughing up a lung, but then you get a little farther each time and one day you look back and realize you love your two wheels. i did my first bike commute at 6am on a sunday morning so that no one could see me in 'granny gear' and to make sure i didn't pass out on the way in. now i'm passING people on my bike - no expert but way more confident and way better lung capacity!

Natalie said...

I would be the same.ARGH!Lovely photo of you both.xx♥