Saturday, June 13, 2009

We All Do

I can see you, standing there with your sign. You are starving, not only for food but for dignity.

I see you, you are a human being, a brother, I will rush to your aid.

For you stand not alone, no, don't think it is so. I stand, with my invisible sign, starving for dignity, as well as for the food of a good word.

We all do

I see you, there in the darkness of your depression. You feel invisible, alone in the world.

Yet you stand not alone, in the darkness I can see you. I can hear your voice, it speaks to me, for I have hid in the darkness as well.

Sometimes we all do.

You struggle to carry on, you wish for a helping hand, you are just trying to get along in this world.

Yes me too, we do, we all do.

4 comments:

Adullamite said...

Possibly you have read my posts too often......

Mike Smith said...

Wonderful words, again SG.

Strawberry Girl said...

Thank you both for the comments.

:0)

Unknown said...

beautiful post. I'll be back to read you again soon!
~AM