Saturday, April 18, 2009

Aunt Mary Carter...

My Aunt Mary passed away today, she was a really nice lady. I guess she was my great aunt, my Uncle Wess's wife. Uncle Wess passed away about 10 years ago and Aunt Mary has been heartbroken ever since, hopefully they are together now.

My Uncle was about the first person that I tried to draw, I ended up drawing him from a picture and I think it was a fairly good attempt.

My Grandmother kept it up in her keepsake box, but we couldn't find it after she passed away. (My Grandpa was really OCD about throwing stuff out and hiding stuff, took us forever to find Grandmothers rings...)

Somehow a little painting that I did, full of color, of a girl carrying a basket on her head, has also disappeared (I think I have a picture or it hanging on my wall).

Hopefully someone in the family is enjoying them, Uncle Mo... Cousin Kerry??? :D... better than at the dump.

Aunt Mary was being cared for by the Indian son that they adopted. I never really knew him too well because he is about my dad's age and kind of shy.

I'm not sure when the funeral will be, it might be at our old chapel though... I would like to see it, but it is under somber circumstances.

It is at times like these when I am reminded that I need to get to know my family a bit better... then I can help out. I guess its a generational thing, most of her kids grew up with my dad, and I don't know their kids that well. I guess I will ask my Dad what he's doing to help (cause' he is always helping)...

3 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt Mary sweet girl. I'm sure that she is with your Uncle Wess and is no longer heartbroken but rejoicing to see and be with him again!! Just imagine what a reunion they are having!!
I so hope that you find your drawing and painting. I'll just bet that it is framed and on someone's wall bringing them joy every day.
Reading your blog brings me joy....every time I visit :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Mike Smith said...

Sad news, SG. My condolences at this difficult time.

Strawberry Girl said...

Thanks to both of you, Aunt Mary was a really neat lady. We'll miss her at our reunions but I am glad that she's with her Dear Husband.