Monday, April 6, 2009

An ounce of patience...

One of the things that I have always had trouble with is patience, anyone else out there struggle with this, anyone, anyone, raise your hand...

I can usually accept things I can't change... can't buy new couches, can't buy the type of clothes that I like (I am buying thrift clothes... from an eco standpoint I am glad were recycling... but I would rather buy a few high quality items that will look nice for a long time...)

I say usually because the hard thing for me is seeing things that I want to change, that I know I should change but have some kind of impediment to it. Like exercising, I made a goal (har, har, har) to go out and exercise for 40 min. by walking up the hill y our house.

So first it starts raining, then I get sick and all of the kids (mommy can't exercise when they need stuff, right?) and this past illness has been so weird, I think it actually hurt, like a one two punch.

Yesterday, when I was starting to feel some good healing feelings and the sun was actually shining, I felt like lying down on the grass and hugging the ground (which I did), then I stretched the achenes out, it felt good.

Today, though I am feeling lots of good happy getting better vibes, I am still a bit tired and still have a bit of congestion. (But its all good, slowly going away). The worst part of illness to me is when I get irrational about things, start feeling inadequate cause' the house is a mess and I can't concentrate... Winter and illness always messes me up!!

Things I need to get to... cleaning out the car, making a quilt (or two), sorting out the yarn (again!! the darn kittens got to it), sorting out the winter clothes, sorting out the summer clothes, getting rid of stuff... I, like my friend Christine I want to be better organized with dinner, and learn Spanish (well actually she wants to resume teaching her kids Spanish)...

Ah nothings getting done by blogging right?....

(Oh yeah I have these panic attacks about how competent I am as a writer... I take a long time finishing things... comes from my dad, darn him)

Oh yeah... can ya all see me out there chasing Sego Lilies? I do that in my spare time. ;p

1 comment:

Michelle said...

And why not!

Take time to get better properly....wish I could take my own advice :)