Saturday, April 25, 2009

Natural Shampoo

In the search for the perfect shampoo, I have had many pitfalls. When I became aware of all the harmful chemicals in most shampoos, I started to look for an off-brand, natural shampoo. I have been using an organic shampoo called Giovanni and its been a alright, since I couldn't find anything else (I've tried at least 10 different brands), but I think I have finally found a good brand. MERA Naturals!! YEAH!! My hairs so soft and smells good too!! :D

This brand is completely natural, not one little bit of junk!

I know Loida of 2L3B's has talked about this before, since she discovered that there is all sorts of bad stuff in Johnsons Baby shampoo (I have found Burts Baby Bees Shampoo to smell the same without the bad stuff btw), so I wanted to share my little discovery. :D (Loida - I have tried leaving comments on your posts several times but it always kicks them out and sends me an e-mail... so sorry you haven't heard from me. BTW excellent job on the Friday Shoot outs last friday!!)

Here's a great web-site about shampoo's (I started out looking for what the Native Americans used, then found the web-site and remembered my find!!). :D

http://www.copperwiki.org/index.php/Shampoo

2 comments:

Clone.Girl. said...

It is hard. Most of the shampoos I use still have too many ingredients in them for my liking, but they aren't tested on animals and have no animal by-products. I might see if I can find some of the shampoo your talking about at my health food store.

EcoGrrl said...

my favorite is Nature's Gate Organics - they are organic, cruelty-free, and have very few of the bad things in them, plus they smell yummy (mine is lemongrass/sage - YUM). :)