Saturday, August 8, 2009

August

Today is a crisp August day, I cannot help but recall the feelings of fresh breezes through fevered mind that August has always brought to me, fresh, new, life. I feel as though I am a young student, getting ready for the new school year again, it is quite a different feeling than the frenzied pace of summer, the madness of winter, and the early awakening of spring, in fact I would go so far as to say that fall is my favorite time of year. For me there is a bit of longing in it too, longing for the girlhood friends that have lost their sense of life, who no longer will link their arms with mine to stroll barefooted down the sidewalk, around the block, or into the cool wet water of the river. I feel as though I would like to cry, to pull some felicitous compatriot out of the air and embrace her, sigh. Back to being sensible again, at least for now.

No comments: