Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sacred Sundays

Today has been a good day, I got a good nights sleep, got up in time to get stuff done before church, got ready in time (pretty much, we always seem to be late) and there were a lot of people today that we knew from when we first moved into the ward. Our first bishop in this ward was here with his family to see his brothers baby get blessed. His brother Jason his wife Sunny are moving to England in a month! We are going to miss them a lot, Sunny and I still need to get over to the park together with the kids (and soon). ;D

My good friend Peggy was here as well for the blessing and she introduced us to her newly (or about to be) adopted daughter, and her two brothers! I am so happy for Peggy, she is a wonderful nurturing lady who has gone through quite a few struggles in her life (including a battle with alcoholism, she is so open about it and inspiring). She also has trouble with her feet and has had quite a few surgeries on them.

Our lesson today in Sunday School was teriffic as well, very uplifting. In relief society our RS president spoke to us and everyone contributed nice comments to the lesson. I got through leading both songs nicely (yeah for me!) The last song "Carry On" fit perfectly with the lesson. This song means a lot to me and I love singing it (though there was a lady on the front row who kept getting me off key, Oi').

Favorite part about it is that it starts out singing about the mountains, I so relate to firm mountains... the mountains have been there every day of my life (almost).

Ah, and I guess I will make a blog announcement (as my sister is in on this as well). I made a blog (called "Pie in the Sky") as a place to be silly, with my family as contributors. ;D

(...I just read an article about running barefooted, I think I will try it) ;p

SG

No comments: