Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pleasant little day

It is a clear day outside, the kids weeded a section of our garden late last night in order to be able to wake up early this morning to walk up to their grandparents house, it is funner up there hanging around my little sister and her friends than down here where they more than likely will be asked to do some chore or other.

I am rereading the book "Mans Search For Meaning" by Vicktor Frankel. It is interesting to note his scientific observations on a terrible situation, that of being a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp. I am starting to think that the reactions of all prisoners follows this sequence somewhat, of shock and antipathy, then of acceptance. I think in any situation where there is no control a certain amount of antipathy can occur.

Sam asked me to read this again to "help" him with his book report. I like thought provoking books but I kind of need a break from them, "A Tale of Two Cities" was thought provoking enough, then to start on another right off is a bit depressing (I had hopes to read "Pride and Prejudice" funny that I have never read any of the classic romances before, given that I have heard of them for so long).

Well, if I must I must!! ;D

What I would also need to do today is to get over to the library to check out a copy of "Writers Market" to see what types of articles or submittions I can make to publishers at this moment and what I could work on in the future.

No comments: