Sunday, August 23, 2009

Future

Thank goodness for the change in scenery that going out with the girls the other day afforded me!!

I've been trying so hard to finish school and catch up that it has taken me a while to realize that I am already here... that I can pursue my interests without feeling obligated to some type of authority and that there is a wide range of things out there to do!

It is passing from the past and living in the present and allowing the possibilities to excite me again, it is learning how to play and enjoy things again. For too long I've lived with regret and done penance, now it is over, time to move on...

Our Future

our future
our future is hidden
among the vast forests of our soul
our future is waiting
among the depths of our own ocean
our future is yourself
you create your future
run through the forests
swim through your ocean
and you will find yourself
you
your future

Zia Jaycee May Trent

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/our-future-3/

2 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

This totally connected with me. I have one class left until I finish my bachelors and I've been picking away at it for years. It gets depressing at times but I understood what you were saying I think.

Plus it's just so so invigorating to go out with girls and play and have fun and be silly.

Strawberry Girl said...

Debbie, I am so glad you visited! We had a ton of fun the other night, I felt like a normal person again (instead of a mommy). ;D

~Annie