Thursday, August 6, 2009

MTC, and Missionary

Today I went up to the MTC with Sam to watch him do some translating from English to Tongan for the Tongan missionaries who are preparing to go out on their missions.

I wandered around with R a bit, who got sick of sitting there watching daddy translate, she went to the bathroom twice. We got creative and drew on the chalk board, talk about randomness! She was being a perfect parrot today, and when I put on my pantyhose, she found a pair (out of who knows what drawer) of my pantyhose and proceeded to put them on while giggling her head off at me. So when we were drawing on the chalkboard I was making swirls and squiggles and she was too (only hers looked better).

After that we went out to walk along the lovely grounds, they have a ton of flowers in their flower bed and R picked two of them before I could stop her. Of course, it was kind of my fault that she was tromping around in the flower beds because I was gazing up at the mountains as the clouds moved across the sky above them. The mountains are so green this year! It was a beautiful sight, plus there were dragonflies zooming around over head as well. So yeah, I had a lot of distraction.

Luckily for me R only found and destroyed two flowers (after admiring them lovingly she tore off their pedals).

After we got home I made us some soup, I guess I am big on soup lately. Then I worked on my studies for a bit.

Sadly, R found that the Runt kitten had died. I heard her squealing about it and she brought it up, laid it on the top of the stairs, then she came over and pointed it out to me telling me it was broken. I felt so sad to see it, poor little thing. It was strange but it just wouldn't eat, we tried to give it milk, but it didn't like that. I wrapped it up in some paper and threw it in the trash, sad.

I just came back from my little brother E's setting apart for his mission, up to SLC Church and Family center, where he will work with technology to help with genealogy and other computer related matters. E's a smart kid, he's going to do well on his mission.

We are going out to dinner now to celebrate.

I hope things are well for all you out there.

SG

No comments: