Sunday, August 23, 2009

Murder Mystery

I am reposting this for my friend Liz... ;D

Here's a fun (fun?) bit of history from my family. This is my Great Aunt Beulah and her husband "Tiny" Roy Frisbee. He is said to have murdered her. There is an inset photo of him, kinda looks different huh? Funny how people can appear to be different than they really are.


Here is another sad bit from my family tragedy's past, my grandma's baby sister Rose Afton died when she was only 2 or so. This is the only picture of her.

Kind of sad...

I guess applying for a job at a geneology company kind of got my gears going. I've been meaning to scan a bunch of pictures for my family but haven't done it (they have been sitting in a box in my baby's room for the past 3 years, my family is about ready to give up on me). So I think I will get to work, I have the scanner, and the time (for now). So I may as well do it.

(haha, note this was in Feb. and the job interview did not go over)

~Strawberry Girl

5 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

ps i keep forgetting to mention that i think a job in genealogy is so awesome...my dad did that for many years if you want to check out his page (time stopped of course last fall but since no one knows his password, the site is still there and i've connected with some genealogy friends of his to keep it going through the guestbook) - http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pick/

sunrabbit said...

Liz here. Cool pics. I love old pictures and histories ... also antiques. Thanks for reposting them for me!

Strawberry Girl said...

No problem Liz! I shall find more to post... interesting to think of their lives. (PS I miss seeing you at church every week, and admiring your art... so talented) ;D

Adullamite said...

Good stuff! genealogy turns up a lot of boring things but also hidden stories. My friend discovered his great grandad was a bigamist - the family knew but never mentioned this!

Go through the pics, it can be boring but brings you closer to folk from the past!

Finding Pam said...

I imagine that we all have a few skeltons in the closet in our genalogy. I think this is so important to keep track of for your children.

I tagged you for a meme on my blog. I hope you will join in the fun.

Also, think about doing a peace globe on Nov.5, 2009. We are trying to get as many people on board with this as possible. click on the badge on my blog for more information.

Hope all is well with you and your family.